Sunday, August 31, 2008

Our first snake

We had our first say, at least that is what I was told. We ran into our neighbors at dinner last night who mentioned that our guards chased a snake over the wall onto their property yesterday. Their guard promptly killed the snake....a baby cobra! (If anyone feels this was wrong to kill this snake just send me your address and we will box up the next snake and mail it to you.) Our guards didn't mention anything to us, our driver or the night guard about it. We did have some friends children over yesterday and maybe they didn't want to create panic by saying, "Ma'am we just chased a snake over the wall." Wise choice in my opinion. I am really bummed I didn't even get to see the snake (dead or alive), but I did manage to see the photo the guard took of the dead snake. The snake was about 1 1/2 feet long and was a "baby" snake. After the snake was killed they burned the snake to keep other snakes from coming to find the dead snake. But I am sure you too are wondering where the mama snake is??? The neighbors actually had a snake in their kitchen a few weeks ago but believe it made its' way in while workmen were working on the house (door left open). For now I keep telling myself snakes can't climb steps, right?

1 comment:

Juliet said...

Yikes!!!! Ted get the pest control spray out again and let Scooby out!