Saturday, August 2, 2008

Catching up on sleep and friends

Coming back to India has been an adjustment....trying to readjust to a 10 1/2 hr time difference is not an easy thing to do but we are getting there. You have to force yourself to stay up as late as possible and not nap all day long. On Friday we decided to have some friends over which grew to a party of about 23 people. It was great to see old friends and meet new friends. They thought I was crazy but I knew it would be good to keep me busy and awake. Half of the people were kids so the house was a bit noisy but they had fun.

I have not seen the monkeys back, but I did see a begging dog yesterday. We were driving home from a friend's house and saw a dog limping on the street and walking up to a lady carrying bags of which I presume had food in them. My first thought was the poor dog had a broken leg and was really hungry. But what I witnessed was amazing, the lady ignored the dog and continued walking and the dog walked away too, without a limp! He was faking a broken leg to get food!

The kids are gearing up to start school on Monday. Emily is quite excited as she has several friends in her class. I am looking forward to meeting new people at school. There have been several people I have been emailing that have moved here and at last we can meet at school. It should be a fun year for all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you arrived safe and sound! It was soooo good to see you and visit. Carol and I need to get out of there once in a while. I'm still not working as much from home as I'd hoped. But that's OK. Peggy's Mom passed away (3 weeks from her cancer diagnosis!) and she has been off taking care of family business. Will see her today at work. We leave Aug. 16th thru the 25th for St Simons Island,GA! Yeah! Can work 10 hour days until then if I have to! We fly to Jacksonville, FL, rent a car and drive up to the Island. My sis, her husband and nephew Jack are driving and should arrive later that day! Can't wait to spend the week on the beach with them! Jack loves to smash my sandcastles! Will watch your blog and hope to hear more soon!
Love ya,
Terry Lueders