Thursday, March 13, 2008

What a night


Tonight was a very bad night in India. Millie (our golden retriever~the best dog ever!) had gotten a bad bug bite or bee sting. She then developed a hot spot (a skin infection due to her licking the bite so much). I was really alarmed at how bad it was looking and really wanted to get it looked at very soon. I had local vet that was recommended by a friend come and look at Millie. He ended up giving her 1 injection with 2 different medicines that caused a toxic reaction. She immediately had some very bad side effects. The vet kept saying the medicine was not the cause, he kept saying "It is not possible, it was something she ate." I said no it is not, she is having a severe reaction to the drugs and I am taking her elsewhere so leave. Ted carried Millie to the van and off we sped to The ARK where a doctor administered an IV (note her front right leg where the hair is shave), antidote and an allergy pill. After about 1 1/2 hrs she finally turned around. Let me say how scary this was! I know she is a dog but she is still such a part of our family! They may not be the Wyoming Vet Clinic but I am glad they are here in Chennai. The kitty has an appointment on Tuesday. The kitty does have a name now...Cleopatches! We will call her Cleo. She and Millie are quite good friends, finally!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad Millie is doing better. And how cute is Cleo?

Julie said...

I'm so glad everything is alright with Millie. Also, glad that you have a vet here just in case something happens when she's with me...although I doubt this will happen as you are leaving her in good hands :) I get real parnoid over the littlest things so I'm extra cautious with my pets. Also, forgot to ask you but hoping that since Millie and Cleo are such good friends now that Cleo is coming to stay when Millie is here???

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry! I know how scary it was when all the kittens were dying and I didn't know where to turn....although I later realized that they would have died regardless. I'm glad that Millie pulled through! I would be devastated if we lost Stella. Teresa

Karen White said...

Glad to see Millie is doing great after such a scare. Cleo is just adorable. Your children are just beautiful. I enjoy seeing them in the pics. Krista's Brayden turned 5 on March 10. I'm flying out Mon. the 17th to Steamboat, CO. Hoping to have some fun, but it really is a work trip. Removing wallpaper, texturing, and painting. Home April 3rd. Maybe it will feel more like summer by then. Last two days were beautiful. Stay safe and take care. Karen W.