Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Our lawnmowers


Yep, the title is right. This photo is of our lawnmowers...Vincat and his father are cutting the lawn. No machine powered mowers here, just an old fashioned knife or machete type thing! They are on about day three of the cutting, each day they have spent 2-3 hrs. I think when the all the grass is established around the pool construction we will be looking at buying some type of mower. It is nice to have the grass cut as it was getting quite long. I joked that I was going to bring a cow in the yard!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Julie said...

The sad thing is that them cutting the grass by hand is still faster then when the gardeners cut my grass with the electric mower.

Lori said...

That does not look fun at all... think they would let you help them if you asked :)

Lori

Jen Kumar said...

Reminds me of my stay in Tambaram 00-01.. As the first American to study as a full time student in MCC, my classmates and I were required to do college service one Saturday- cutting the grass of the courtyard of our department- with scissors!!! Thanks for sharing.