Thursday, February 21, 2008

What a trip- part 3


The day began early, around 6:30, just in time to see the sun continue to rise over the fog covered lake. In India we are so close to the equator that the sun always is up around 6 am and sets around 6 pm. I was really taken aback by the beauty of the lake...or river. It was just so peaceful. It seems like at our house that there are always tons of people around and you hear horns in the distance to the peacefulness was very relaxing. A long journey stood before us and we headed home around 9 am. On the way home we decided to stop in an see the Mysore Palace. We parked and headed in. I of course had my camera but a lady said I needed to check it in, well there was no way I was going to leave my camera there so Ted ran it out to Bhaskar. After walking around though we saw lots of people with there cameras, I guess you just weren't allowed to take photos inside the palace.
We walked around the grounds and decided it was time to tour the palace. We then found out that we had to take off our shoes, of course this would be the day I wore sandals and had no socks! At first there was no way that I was going to walk barefoot but then I decided that I was in India and I surely wouldn't catch too bad of a disease. So we headed through the gates as my feet picked up sand, grime, foot fungus and other peoples toe jam...gross huh? Then we were told we had to check our shoes and not carry them. So we checked our shoes and Logan kindly offered me his socks to wear...what a sweet boy! The palace was beautiful and very elaborate. I hope to go back and next time I am taking extra socks! The drive home was smooth and it was good to get home and wash our feet :-)


No comments: