Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Sea Shipment has arrived!!


Our sea shipment arrived into port on Tuesday and was delivered to our house on Saturday. What a fun day we had seeing familiar things from home. The kids were great at showing which room boxes went to. Everything appeared to be in good shape as I don't think customs even opened up any boxes. I was so excited to see my KitchenAid mixer! Emily & I made cookies Sunday afternoon and they tasted so good as it had been quite sometime since we had homemade cookies. We were so exhausted that night and it felt wonderful to sleep in our beds again. Wow! Even Millie seems to be thrilled to have her kennel back. I managed to get most of the items unpacked which has kept me quite busy this week! It is so nice to have things from Illinois. It really feels like our home now. The kids have there bedrooms all situated. We are still needing to unpack all the books and games but we'll get there. I have unpacked my sewing machines but haven't had time to use them. Life here seems so busy. Today I met some wonderful ladies at a quilting club I was invited to. We talked "quilts and fabric", had lunch and then shopped at Pondy Bazzaar- a famous street lined with shops with anything you could want. I bought Emily and Indian top and skirt and Logan an Indian tunic top, pants and matching scarf. He looks quite handsome. He is a sultan king in a play on Friday and needs to look the part!

Another excited thing happened today...Scooby the watchdog that came with the house was "fixed". The vet came (and I had to miss it all!) and did the operation on a sheet spread out in the grass. I wish Dr. K could have witnessed this procedure. The guards took video of it with their cell phone and it looked quite interesting. Poor Scooby looks like he has seen better days.
I feel pretty guilty that he had to undergo this but we just can't have puppies over here. And if we wouldn't have agreed to keep him they would have given him away or perhaps he would have become a street dog.

Today while out I saw a site that just made me shake my head and if the traffic wasn't so bad I would have had Sundar pull over so I could grab a photo. There was a man driving his cart pulled by oxen while talking on his cell phone. You talk about the old and new technology working together! I never cease to find something new to look at. Just going through town can be mentally exhausting because there is so much to process.

No comments: