Sunday, February 10, 2008

Shopping in India

Emily has Mehndi on her right hand, this was part of India week. It is a temporary skin decoration.


I mentioned in my last post shopping along Pondy Street. Here are a few photos from that trip. It was an interesting walk. I managed to pick up a traditional Indian outfit for Logan as he was a king in a school play. I also purchased another Indian top and skirt for Emily. She loves wearing her Indian outfits. She was in a dance at school and Logan was in the play for Indian week. It was quite the production. There was a great turnout and lots of beautiful outfits. The Indian clothing is certainly beautiful!


This is one store where I get quite of few of my groceries. It is called Amma Nanna which I believe means mother father.

I have just recently started to purchase fruits and vegetables from people on the street rather than in stores. The quality and price seems to be better, all except lettuce. There is one store in the city that I like to purchase from as it is wrapped in plastic and is actually in a refrigerated section...very unusual here. The pineapples, bananas, oranges, grapes and watermelon are delicious. I need to get a blender so that I can start making smoothies...yumm!

2 comments:

Hilary Melick said...

The kiddos look so cute in their Indian attire. They fit right in!:)I bet you were excited to get your sea shipment in. I saw Jodee Bauman a few weeks back and she said that she and Lori S. were going shopping for your family and sending it off to India.
Have a good week!
Hilary

Unknown said...

Where are you buying your lettuce?