Monday, February 25, 2008

Prime Minister in the neighborhood

This morning our gardener announced that the Chief Prime Minister was in the neighborhood. His son happens to live in the in the next block over. It was quite the event. Bhaskar and I went out, of course I had my camera, to observe this occasion. It appears that whenever the PM travels anywhere he is surrounded by police. I was able to learn that the PM's son has 2 driveways, one our our street and one on the next street and he happened to go in the driveway that was on our street. Security was very tight, the road was blocked with police cars and press cars. People were not allowed to walk past. I of course almost landed in an Indian jail...well okay it wasn't that close but it makes it more interesting! I did the dreaded no no and took pictures. A policeman came and told me that it was not allowed as I was breaching security. I apologized profusely and said I would delete the photos. I am sure my white skin had just a bit to do with the fact that I still have my camera. But now I know! The PM stayed only for 10 minutes, you would think for all that hassle he could have at least stayed for lunch or dropped by my house for cookies! Oh well.

4 comments:

Janie Rider said...

Jennifer,
I am awaiting the photos of the PM. OR did you really delete them?? You must really live in the wealthy area. I am anxious to know who you will see or meet next. Take care.
Love
Janie

cindystreit said...

Hi Greens: I finally was able to check out the blog and i love it. Looks like you are having quite an experience. Wow!!!! Will keep checking in on your latest adventure when I can. Take care, Cindy

P.s. Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

Lori said...

Jennifer, OK, I have officially decided that you are getting very spoiled... No really, keep being adventurous... keep taking pictures... they are awesome!

Lori S.

mekie said...

It's the Tamilnadu Chief Minister (CM) and his son is your neighbour, I believe. The CM is an octogenarian and is grooming his son to assume command of his political party. The son, who is named Stalin, is a member of the Tamilnadu Legislative Assembly. So, he is an MLA.