Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Celebreties in Chennai

One advantage of being an expat besides living in a foreign land is being able to experience things you can't or wouldn't in your home country. Yesterday I had two awesome experiences! The first was a cooking demonstration by world famous Italian chef Antonio Carluccio, in which he prepared several dishes. He seemed just what a Italian chef should be...round and jovial! He kept the ladies laughing with stories and jokes. The event was concluded with a lunch that included one dish in which he demonstrated. It was a fun morning! To make the event even more memorable they took my photo while there (not the best but oh well) and it was in the Indian Express today! I was surprised when a friend asked if I had seen my photo! So if you are interested check out the Indian Express.

The evening ended with listening to author Jeffrey Archer discuss his new book Path to Glory. He has written a number of best seller fiction books, none of which I have read. But now I have a signed copy of Path to Glory which I am anxious to begin reading. He is an extremely popular author in India and he is touring 12 cities here. I think he said his books are published in 6 Indian languages! His talk was followed by a buffet dinner. It was a fun evening out with my neighbors Dave and Liz (who took my photo). Keeping busy these last few days before Ted returns is helping time pass faster.

No comments: