Friday, March 6, 2009

You can haul just about anything

One thing I really like about living in Chennai is how interesting everything is. I would have thought the "newness" would have worn off by now but it hasn't. It seems like I always see something new. This blog is just about how creative people are in the way in which they move things from place to place. It still amazes me that to this date you still have the oxes, rickshaw (auto and bicylce powered), bicycles, two wheelers, lorries, buses, automobiles and the usual livestock sharing the same road. Below are just random photos of the way people haul their merchandise...and in some case dinner (or for those Brits...tea).


These people were hauling a treadle sewing machine, refrigerator and dishwasher all with a motor assisted bicycle.


What a load of bananas!

I believe this man is hauling recycled paper or plastic.

A lorrie with a load of old dilapidated rickshaws

Bottles used for carrying water


Balls!


And my favorite...goats on a two wheeler!

No comments: