Monday, March 23, 2009

Our next adventure

Tonight we are flying out to the South Island of New Zealand. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined I would set foot there, but it seems I will! Visiting Australia was such an incredible experience I can't imagine how New Zealand could be better. It is a long journey, one I am not looking forward too! It is about 5 hours to Hong Kong, then a 3+ hour layover then an 11 hour flight hour flight to Auckland and finally 1.5 hour flight to Christchurch. Sounds fun doesn't it? It is interesting though when I am excited about spending the 3 hours in the Hong Kong airport as it will be clean with nice western shops and food! We land in Christchurch in the morning and will pick up our rental van and stay the night before our tour of the South Island. You can pray for safety as we drive on the left side of the road! I hope to be able to post some photos to the blog while there so stayed tuned! I am anxious to try out my new wide angle lens Ted gave me for my birthday! So off to the land of the Kiwi!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Have a great trip! I won't see you before we head back to California on Monday - so take care of yourself, and keep blogging so we can catch up and stay in touch!

We'll be back in Chennai sometime in mid-July... with baby #3!