Sunday, September 14, 2008

Cleo's new toy

Last week I decided that Cleo needed a scratching post other than furniture or things that shouldn't be used to sharpen her dagger like claws. I told Sundar what I needed: a section of a dead tree about 2 ft long, heavy rope, and base. It was amazing, everyone got involved and were excited to help out. Before I knew it Sampeth had scrounged a dead Neem tree and scraped off all the bark and he found an old board in the car shed for the base. The tree needed leveled so Sundar drove the tree down to the next village to a man with a power saw who for about 20 rupees (50 cents) cut it level. I had to laugh when Sundar told me the guy thought we were making some modern artwork. Sundar didn't have nerve to tell him it was a cat scratching post. Sundar headed out to by rope and some long nails. Everyone (guards, maid, gardener and driver) was involved and offering their opinion on the correct way to secure the rope. Cleo is thrilled with her new toy! It was a fun project and awesome to see the way everyone wanted to be so involved. I probably could have found one somewhere in the city but I figure my 80 rupee ($2) cat scratching post is a good deal...as long as we don't get termites crawling out! And the best yet, I didn't have to travel to the city in search of what "might" be found in some obscure store.







2 comments:

Julie said...

Awesome!!! I miss Cleo and Millie...but am happy to be back with my cats and dog!

Janie Rider said...

Jennifer,
I read your blog faithfully...I just don't take the time to leave you a comment. I wanted to let you know that we are moving to Delphi,IN next Tuesday. Big news I know....Paul's job is in IN and KY. I will have the same email address and I will keep up with you through your amazing blog. Take care
Janie