Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Heading out

Logan on his dirt bike


Part of the Green family


A field of sunflowers


Emily


Summer is coming to a close...at least our summer in Illinois. Today we are heading back to India. I have such a different feeling than last time. I told my mom that the getting there was the issue for me. I am not looking forward to driving to Chicago and I am not looking forward to 16 hrs and 55 minutes in airplanes. Fortunately I have my little "happy pills" to make me more pleasant on the flight! It was so awesome to hear one of my kids tell their Dad that they were looking forward to coming home. How truly wonderful it is to feel at home in India. I would have never guessed that India would turn out to be such a pleasant move. God has been very gracious to our family and for that we are so thankful.

I have been busy packing. I have 8 checked bags ready to go....I think. I have been frantically weighing our carry on due to the mess we had in Chennai but hopefully this time it won't be an issue. We can always redistribute the heavy stuff to our personal item (ie backback, purse) if we need to get the carry on a few pounds lighter. I suggested to my brother that they start weighing people to determine what your carry on can weigh! Oh the joys of traveling!

The next time I post I will be writing from India!

4 comments:

Jen Kumar said...

Have a safe trip back to singara Chennai

Anonymous said...

nice blog... I am from chennai but now in california.. i always wanted to go back to chennai but cant go back due to work in california...

people always want to go back to their native place.. u want be in the usa and i want to be in chennai ....

Sivakumar J Sharma said...

One of my CEO’s friends is working on a feature for a leading business magazine. As part of her work, she wanted to speak with American citizens who moved/relocated to India to take up senior level jobs/ assignments.

Can you contribute something for this in the form of content? She can call or email you as per your advise and seek inputs.

The Green Family said...

Sure just have your friend email me at greenindians@gmail.com