Monday, July 14, 2008

Food for Thought

Today was the day for dropping our food shipment off at the warehouse. I was looking back through my blog to find an entry and I guess I never put it on my blog, so I am going to tell you of an incredible event that occurred last year. While dropping off our very first food shipment last year there was an incredible man by the name of Mel who helped unload our truck of food. As many of you remember I was a mess with the whole idea of moving to India (things have changed huh?). I am a firm believer that there are no chances in life, all is orchestrated in God's timely manner and the fact that Mel was working on the loading dock that day was clearly evident of God's hand. Mel was such a source of encouragement to us by telling us that God had a plan for us in India! He even went so far as to encourage Ted and I to continue to build our relationship with Christ at the center. He told Ted that the family should be first, he needed to get home from work at a decent hour. Another thing that he brought up was that he needed to take Emily out on dates so that she can learn what to expect from a gentleman. I was so moved that day and will forever remember it. Today was another day as I dropped off the food shipment Mel was there to receive it. It was so nice to visit with him and let him know how God used him in our lives. I gave him my blog site so hopefully he will check it, if you are reading this Mel please keep in touch! And thank you for your words of encouragement!

No comments: