Friday, April 18, 2008

Camels!

Today we were driving down ECR and there were these camels walking down the road...oh my goodness, camels were on the road. Not in the zoo but on the road! I of course told Sundar to pull over because I have to get some photos of these huge creatures. We stopped and I photographed them walking by. They didn't even spit on me as I was envisioning. After they passed me I saw another van stop and some ladies were getting their photo taken with the camels, so I told Sundar to stop, I am getting my picture with the camel. I am thinking this doesn't get any cooler. But it did as I got to ride on a camel!!! The guy had the camel get down on his knees and I climbed aboard. The the camel started to get up and I admit, it was a bit scary. The way they sit and stand is just unbelievably hard to describe. They kind of tilt back and forth until they are up all the way.... they are very tall animals! The kids were pretty upset that they didn't get to ride on one, but hopefully we will see camels on the street again. Another memory for life! Maybe next time we'll see elephants!

A camel procession



Of course I am on top of the world because I am holding the rope not knowing I would be able to ride one!

How on earth do you get up on this thing?



Yikes, he is trying to stand up and it is scary!


Me on a camel!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

How I love the expression on your face as the camel is standing up!

Julie said...

Once again, I miss all the fun!

Anonymous said...

Too cool Jennifer, and to think you didn't want to go to India! Next thing I know, you'll be riding your own chicken bike! My camelid companions are so proud of you and so am I.

Your sister, Karen

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I am so jealous! I wish tht I had seen them!!!!

Teresa

Lori said...

Jennifer, How cool! You are having all the fun!! It looked you were having the time of your life!!

Lori

Terry Lueders said...

Glad to see YOU in some pictures. Make sure to include yourself in future pics!

Again, camelids are the best, aren't they?

Miss you!
(I'm still on medical leave from WVS, hope to return soon)
Terry