Monday, January 14, 2008

A fun day

Our trip to Mamallapuram was a fun time. We had lunch a lovely resort right on the beach. We had fun watching the waves and seeing the boats at sea. After lunch we walked around and saw some of the sites. The carvings and rock formations were incredible. We saw our first monkey perched atop a huge boulder...he truly must have felt on top of the world! There was one spot that had a small "slide". Please excuse the video footage as I filmed it sideways and can't figure out how to undo it!




I realized I should have started this posting with a Happy Pongal greeting...please forgiveme if any of you are avid Pongel celebrators! This morning we woke to a fog...not weather related, smoke related. Pongal begins with burning things thus the air was thick with smoke. These are some photos taken from our rooftop patio. Millie even was checking out the view.









One of the things we purchased in Mamallapuram was a hammock. We have a tree that is just perfect for one but of course I always keep my eyes open for snakes in the tree. Which by the way we haven't seen any snakes yet. I was convinced my this time I would have been bitten by a king cobra! Let's just hope this yard remains snake free. Don't worry you will here my scream far away if I set eyes on one!

Hope that you all have wonderful day! Stayed tuned for photos of the pool construction! And as always to see more photos just check out the link at the right hand side. As you can see I love taking photos!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Love the photo of Millie with the shades in the hammock! By the way, I'm so glad that today is the only day of the year with air pollution. I woke up and thought I was back in Beijing!

Unknown said...

I love the photo of Millie in the hammock with the sun glasses. Next year's Christmas card?

Anonymous said...

Oh Jennifer, I'm feeling a little envious today..warm weather, hammocks strung up in the yard. Iowa is a balmy 10 degrees w/wind chill factors in the -20 degree range. You know it's cold when your face immediately hurts and you breathe through your nose and it sticks together. We're having fun, we're having fun....no we're not!

Love your sister whose breathing through her mouth...but that makes me cough.

Karen