Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Shopping

Shopping here is so different than in the US. In the US when you are in a store and need to find a salesperson good luck. You literally have to go and find someone who in the end may not be able to help you if it is not their department. I used to get quite frustrated with that but in India it is completely the opposite. The minute I walk into any store I am surrounded my salespeople! It drives me crazy. In case you haven't guessed I went shopping today. I first went into an Adidas store to browse around and I do mean browse but the entire time I had two men literally at each side of me. I saw a pair of shorts and would have liked to have tried them on but it wasn't worth it! Then I decided to check out a shoe store next door, same thing...immediately a salesperson is following me around. When I decided to leave he asked if he could help me with anything and I replied I was just looking. What I wanted to say was if you had left me alone I may have bought something! I don't mean to be unkind but sometimes I just want some space and privacy when I am shopping!

No comments: