Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Rainbow in sight




About four years ago I started this quilt for Mason. His other one was beginning to look rather tattered as it was my first quilt. I saw this quilt in American Patchwork and Quilting magazine and this Shimmering Stars pattern really stood out. I started the quilt and then we decided to finish our basement where my work area was so I had to put all my sewing items away for several months. Anyone who works on projects knows it is never a good idea to put a project away as it is so hard to get it back out again. I began to work on it a few years later and then I put it aside once more to work on some baby quilts. When we moved to India I had a goal to finish this quilt! After two more baby quilts I really got serious. Today I finally finished it! The really cool thing about finishing it was just when I clipped my final thread the phone rang and it was Mason. He told me there was a rainbow and I might want to go outside and take some photos of it. How awesome that this quilt that took so long to finish - at times I thought I would never get it done - would be finished just as a beautiful rainbow appeared in the sky! And how awesome it was that Mason called to tell me about it!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a beautiful quilt!
Teresa

Jill said...

Jennifer - It's awesome! You must be so excited to have finished it. :)

Thanks for having me over yesterday. I had fun hanging out - we MUST do it again when you get back from your trip!!