Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Back to reality...gulp

Well, we are back in the "real world". I realize what truly incredible experience India was now that I am back to reality! What a life we had over there. Everyone wants to know how I feel about being back. Well, lots of different emotions. I can't say that I am sad to be back but I do miss India. I can't imagine 2 years ago I would have uttered those words. But I do miss it...the colors, sites, cow lined streets, the people, less hectic schedules, etc. There are a lot of things I don't miss...dirt, poverty, UHT milk, shopping at Fresh and Frozen, cleaning produce, etc. We seemed to pack quite few things in the last few weeks of life in Chennai that I wanted to share with you. I am so thankful that we had our time in India!

Sundar and his family
Outside Bhaskar's gate
Bhaskar and his wife, two sons, mother, sister and nieces
The kitchen
The packers~did a great job!
Put this in the sea shipment please...see you in 2 months Logan
Millie's last walk to the beach with Aruna
Logan and Harry (will miss him climbing over the wall!)
A trip to Pondicherry~past the salt mines
The finished product heading to market
The reason we went to Pondicherry~to get a photo of the right eye
Cute huh? She should really paint those toes
Wide Load coming through
Lotus flowers in a temple pond
Chilling out by the pool at Fisherman's Cove (we stayed here when our house was packed up)


Checking Millie and Cleo in at the airport
Our neighbors were on the first part of the trip!
Waiting in Frankfurt Germany...halfway home
Millie and Cleo under the engine...glad they didn't forget them!

I have really enjoyed keeping this blog the past 20 months or so. It has been a fantastic way for me to journal our time in India! I am glad that I have been able to share our experiences with friends and family. I am also very thankful that I have been able to use this blog to teach others about our experiences of being an expat in Chennai India! I have loved being able to handle the technical aspect of publishing this blog. I have truly enjoyed photographing the part of the world we have been blessed to see. I am not sure exactly what to do now. I do want to continue blogging but will most likely begin a new blogspot so that Our Time in India can remain just that...Our time in India. So check back and I will let you know were you can see Our life in the US! Thank you everyone for you love and support!

3 comments:

Blair Castle said...

I love the picture of Millie and Cleo on the tarmac at the airport and also the one of Millie in her cage at chennai airport ignorant to what was about to happen and her long journey ahead xxxx

Jennifer said...

I have loved checking out your blog. Thanks for sharing your journey with us. I had tears in my eyes as I read this last post. Look forward to your new adventures. Glad you are home safe! God Speed!

Rachel said...

You have to continue blogging. You'll still have plenty to write about - goats, chickens, dogs, kids, country life, photography, etc.! What an experience you guys have had. I've enjoyed reading and seeing your awesome pictures. Glad you are all home safe in the U.S.
See you soon!